SITE SAFETY HEALTH OFFICER/QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
Job Summary: Team Henry Enterprises, LLC has an immediate need for a Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO)/QCM in North Carolina & Virginia. The SSHO is responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and must ensure that all personnel on-site are in compliance with EM-385-1-1 regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections.
- Attach safety inspection logs to the Contractors’ daily [production][quality control] report.
- Conduct mishap investigations and complete required reports.
- Maintain the OSHA Form 300 and Daily Production reports for prime and sub-contractors maintain safety-related references applicable to the project, including those listed in the article “References.”
- Maintain applicable equipment manufacturer’s manuals.
- Attend the pre-construction conference, pre-work meetings including preparatory inspection meeting, and periodic in-progress meetings.
- Implement and enforce APP and AHAs. Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution.
- Post a list of unresolved safety and health deficiencies on the safety bulletin board.
- Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Failure to perform the above duties will result in dismissal of the superintendent, QC Manager, and/or SSHO, and a project work stoppage.
- The project work stoppage will remain in effect pending approval of a suitable replacement.
- Maintain a list of hazardous chemicals on site and their material safety data sheets.
5 years’ experience as a SSHO
5 years of combined construction experience
EM-385-1-1 Compliance Training with Certificate required
OSHA 30 required
CQC Certification required
Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver’s license in good standing.
High school diploma or state equivalent required
Team Henry Enterprises, LLC is searching for an Estimator to work in Newport News, VA. The Estimator is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. This role will be responsible for following up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received, and work with the Division Managers to follow-up on bids and budgets to close the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Submit bids and budgets by the bid deadline
Prepares subcontractors bid packages and maintains communication with subcontractors/vendors
Develops RFI’s and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage
Review bid agreements thoroughly
– Analyze and develop contractor list.
– Assist in development of Construction Schedules.
– Solicit bids from subcontractors.
– Attend pre bid meetings.
-Clearly communicate with architects, owners, clients and office staff.
– Clarify scope of work for project and secure accurate subcontractor and material pricing which reflects and supports RFP.
– Update and maintain bid logs, reports and files.
– Perform all tasks in relation to estimating (quantity take-offs, analyze addendums).
– Qualify subcontractors needed and obtain cost from potential subcontractors; compare and evaluate competing subcontractor quotes.
Must have full estimating skills.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel. RS Means, Primavera.
• Must be willing to take on new duties, self-motivated and punctual.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills.
• Must be proactive and relentless to drive every activity.
• Must be able to display professionalism in order to interface with government, contractors and field person.
• Must be a skilled communicator and facilitator.